The wireless Smoke and Heat Detector from Comporium provides early warning of fire. It alerts occupants of the room by activating the built-in 85db alarm buzzer and flashing LED light when smoke or temperature exceeding 135°F are detected. At the same time, it transmits a coded signal to the Interactive Touchscreen to activate the system siren, alerting end user and/or the central monitoring station to send onsite assistance.
- “Always on” technology ensures the sensor is monitored around the clock, whether your system is armed or not
- Ultra sensitive smoke sensor prevents false alarms while constantly monitoring
- Heat sensor detects the rapid rise in heat that comes from a fire - even when there is no smoke (like an electrical fire)
- Wall or ceiling mounted
- Dimensions: 5"x2.5"
- Battery Life: Three (3) years
- Battery Type: Three (3) AAA
- Weight: 8.75oz
- Operating Temperature: 40°F to 100°F
- Operating Environment: Indoors
- Remove the sensor from its base by twisting the sensor counter clockwise and remove the battery pull tab from the sensor.
- From the Interactive Touchscreen, navigate to Settings by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- From Settings, navigate to Advanced Settings > Enter your Master Code
- If you do not know your master code, from the Alarm.com mobile app, navigate to Users and choose the user labeled “Master”.
- Tap “Panels” to view the 4-digit master code.
- Tap Security Sensors
- Tap Auto Learn Sensors
- Activate your sensor by pressing the Hush/Test button to create a tamper.
- Once the sensor is recognized change the source type to Power G (if it is not automatically changed) and rename your sensor.
- Download the Installation Guide
Deleting or Removing a Device
These steps work for the following devices: Entry Sensors, Motion Sensors, Glassbreak Sensors, External Sirens, Outdoor Sirens, Keyfobs, Carbon Monoxide Sensors, Smoke Sensors, and Flood Sensors.
- Swipe down on the touchscreen and choose Settings
- Tap Advanced Settings
- Enter Master Code (The primary code set up at installation. This is most likely recorded in your Interactive Guide).
- Tap Security Sensors
- Tap Delete Sensor
- Check the box next to the sensor you want to remove
- Tap Delete
Refer to the Alarm.com Knowledge Base for more information.